Bob Rios Visual Strategist Creative Designer
- Owner, Visual Strategies, Lebanon, PA Present
- House Parent, Milton Hershey School, Hershey Pa, Present
- Application Sales Consultant, Expanets eSolutions, Lancaster, PA 1998-2002
- Creative Director, AMP, Inc. (AMPeMerce), Harrisburg, PA 1996-1998
- Art Director, Praxis Technologies, Woodbury, NJ 1994-1996
- Ad-Graphic Designer, Fun-Time International, Philadelphia, PA 1993-1994
THE 10 MOST VALUABLE THINGS I DO
- Work closely with external/internal clients to produce innovative, engaging, targeted, scaleable, and efficient visual and conceptual strategies and designs aimed at solving specific business problems.
- Manage and direct teams developing solutions using technology with a user centered approach to interface design and content.
- Provide creative and art direction to teams and set project time lines.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex design issues while focusing on future contributions to internal growing base of expertise.
- Drive business through developing comprehensive pre-sales quotes, designs, and mockups.
- Lead team of designers and programmers through all phases of web site development, design, and functionality.
- Create corporate identities and design solutions for electronic commerce, print materials and interactive sales tools.
- Manage creative production teams developing multimedia programs, brochures, ads, posters, trade show displays and children's books.
- Schedule jobs, conduct time and cost management, and coordinate prepress production with printers, vendors, and stock photo sources.
- Develop POP products, trade show displays and create art work and advertisements.
Author of “10 Questions Every Web Designer Should ask their Clients” - designer.com
A nuts-and-bolts how-to on building effective, client-centric multimedia.
Guest Speaker - Harrisburg Area Community College - Design Program
Led Colloquium on creativity, idea generation, the thumbnail process, and group brainstorming.
Guest Speaker - Drexel University - Publications Program
Presented ideas on how the web and traditional mediums can complement each other.
Case Study - Corel Corporation - CorelDRAW, CorelPhotoPaint
Provided a review of Corel's new line of software products including CorelDRAW and CorelPhotoPaint. Outlined the benefits for both print and interactive and provided an analysis of the competition.
Author of “Web Site Development 101- Guidelines to follow before Building a Website - Web & Multimedia Magazine
An introduction to organizing content for the web around human factors and usability constraints.
EDUCATION / TRAINING
- MIT Information Architect Boston, MA July '98
- Art Institute of Philadelphia Associate Degree in Specialized Technology Philadelphia, PA June '91
- Northern Virginia College Major: Fine Arts
CLUBS / ASSOCIATIONS
Ad Club of Central PA
Design Management Institute
Lebanon Valley Chamber of Commerce
Lebanon Networkers Group
Illustrator, Photoshop, GoLive, Acrobat, PageMaker, Audition, CorelDRAW, Painter, QuarkXPress, PANORAMA, Freehand, Flash, Dreamweaver, Director, Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio.